Applicants may request between $25,000 and $100,000 to support organizational mission. This includes day-to-day operations, infrastructure needs and innovative new initiatives that are not directly aligned with programmatic activity. For instance:
- Accounting and legal
- Human Resources
- Salaries and benefits
- Office management
- Technology maintenance
- Technology upgrades
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership training
- Professional development
Programmatic priority consideration will be given to organizations who demonstrate a successful organizational history in violence prevention work.
Grant awards will not be made for:
- Expenses incurred or obligated prior to or after the grant period,
- Re-granting, or
- Advocacy efforts.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent review committee comprised of The Community Foundation’s staff and donors, issue experts, thought leaders and other colleagues. The review committee will use the key criteria below to evaluate and score each application:
- Documented history of organization’s success in mission attainment,
- Consistent program results, and
- Strong executive and board leadership.
Priority consideration will be given to organizations not previously funded and those who demonstrate:
- A successful organizational history related to community violence prevention, gang violence prevention, high risk individual mediation, high risk individual mentorship and violence disruption/interruption work;
- Need based on successful violence prevention efforts;
- Ability to address community needs and concerns;
- Active community involvement; and
- Sound fiscal health, including diverse funding sources.
Application Instructions for City Fund Applicants
The application must be submitted via The Community Foundation’s online system by 4:00 pm, Thursday, December 14, 2017.
To submit a full proposal, cut and paste the link below into your preferred web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox are recommended):
Faxed or hard copies will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible Request for Proposals will not be reviewed.
Please note that all items uploaded as part of your application package must be submitted in PDF format. Please see Appendix B for a list of PDF creation resources. If you must use a document scanner to create a PDF, please ensure that the resulting file is easy to read and is not password protected.
Failure to comply with any of the guidelines or proposals that deviate from the required format will cause your application to be disqualified for review and grant award consideration. No extensions will be granted and the online system will automatically reject all late applications.